With busy lives, it can be hard to find the time to volunteer. The benefits however, are enormous to you, your family, and your community. The right match can help you find friends, reach out to the community, learn new skills, and even advance your career.
We have volunteer opportunities working in a range of areas including computing, maintenance, landscaping, office, retail, customer service, hospitality, and more.
We are always looking for volunteers to help at our FoodAssist outlets in South East Queensland. We distribute 30 tonnes of food into the community each week in area’s including the Lockyer Valley, Toowoomba, Warwick, Oakey, Dalby, Tara and Pittsworth. Volunteer work includes helping at reception, forklift operation, packing the food parcels, truck driving, serving customers and making deliveries.
If you are interested in volunteering with us, please contact us at (07) 4638 1939 or fill in online the form.
Here are some reasons to volunteer with Actscare…
1. It's good for you.Volunteering provides physical and mental rewards. The act of helping reduces stress. Experts report that when you focus on someone other than yourself, it interrupts usual tension-producing patterns.
2. It saves resources.Volunteering provides valuable community services so more money can be spent on local improvements.
3. Volunteers gain professional experience.You can test out career options and gain experience for your desired future job.
4. It brings people together.Volunteering unites people from diverse backgrounds to work toward a common goal, build camaraderie and teamwork.
5. It promotes personal growth and self esteem.
6. Volunteering strengthens your community.As a volunteer with Actscare you can help support families and the underprivileged, help individuals and families suffering with mental illness and assist families new to the region such as refugees.
7. You learn a lot.Volunteers learn things like these: Self: Volunteers discover hidden talents that may change your view on your self worth. Government: Through working with local non-profit agencies, volunteers learn about the functions and operation of our government. Community: Volunteers gain knowledge of local resources available to solve community needs.
8. You get a chance to give back.People like to support community resources that they use themselves or that benefit people they care about.
9. Volunteering encourages civic responsibility.Community service and volunteerism are an investment in our community and the people who live in it.
10. You make a difference.